Join the first and leading Open Banking company in the MENA region
Instant payments? Personal finance products? Faster loan/credit applications from more accurate credit history? By now pay later? Crypto?
Did you know you’re likely to have used Open Banking in everyday life within the above products without even realising? Once held exclusively by banks, personal financial data is now available for startups and developers to create new financial services and tools to benefit end users!
Well, at TG we are enabling Open Banking in the MENA region, which is made up of over 550 million people! We are the first & largest Open Banking platform in MENA & already have a license in Bahrain and Dubai, and are in the regulatory sandbox in Saudi Arabia where the banks are being made by the regulators to expose APIs. Think how much of an impact you could have, being part of the product mission for that region...
About the Risk and Compliance Team
You’ll get to work with some of the industry innovators in our Risk & Compliance team, which will empower you to support developing market leading solutions.
The team's mission is to strengthen the corporate governance framework by ensuring TG is complying with all applicable laws/regulations and is efficiently/effectively managing risks.
Reporting to the Group Head of Risk & Compliance, the Risk & Compliance Manager will enable our international growth and build to the next level. It is a locally focussed role supporting our launch and expansion in Dubai. At TG Risk & Compliance, we’re building a culture of continuous professional growth and building great relationships with colleagues along the way. We seek team players that have low ego but high ambition.
What you’ll be working on
- Effectively managing the relationship with the DFSA and the DIFC as this is a regulatory facing role.
- Familiarity with all relevant DFSA rulebooks applicable to a Category 4 licensed firm.
- Conducting periodic Compliance Testing / gap analysis to ensure adherence to relevant laws and regulations issued by DFSA/DIFC and governmental/national authorities.
- Conducting KYC and KYB activities on new vendors, clients, partners and investors including due diligence, sanction screening and reporting results to the Group Head.
- Developing, collating and submitting quarterly and annual regulatory reports to the DFSA.
- Conducting Risk Assessments, developing mitigation strategies, maintaining the risk register and risk library.
- Serving as the focal point for reviewing complaints & incidents, developing preventive action plans and reporting results to regulators.
- Conducting annual risk management and anti-fraud trainings to staff.
- Managing the outsourced Internal Auditors to ensure internal audits are carried out in a timely manner and following up on outstanding observations.
- Developing Risk Management and Compliance related Policies & Procedures to ensure smooth running of the department.
- Serving as the Single Point of Contact for developing, collating and submitting quarterly pack to the Board, including cross functional collaboration with other departments.
For this role, you will need
- Approval from the DFSA (in DIFC) before assuming this role.
- Residency in Dubai as this is a regulatory requirement.
- Certifications in Compliance and/or Risk Management such as: ICA, CAMS, FRM, PRM etc.
- Understand how APIs and Data aggregation works and/or prior experience with a data focused FinTech
- Be a T-shaped professional with deep expertise in Risk & Compliance and a domain focused person who can collaborate with Tech, Product and Commercial Teams.
- Experience in implementing risk and compliance policies, frameworks and plans
- Experience in conducting Risk Assessments, Compliance Testing and monitoring activities.
- Experience with reviewing departmental policies and procedures
- Comfortable in a remote working business
Join us if you want
- To work for one of the top FinTech’s in the MENA region you will have the opportunity to work on meaningful and impactful projects that have the potential to change the financial industry.
- The chance to build a product from scratch and make a difference.
- We value collaboration and teamwork at Tarabut Gateway. You will be working with a talented and diverse team of professionals who are passionate about creating innovative solutions in the FinTech industry. You will have the opportunity to learn from your colleagues and contribute to exciting projects.
- To work with an incredibly talented team, who have experience of scaling open banking platforms in other regions.
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) with reviews every year
- Flexibility, do you prefer to work from the office or home it is completely up to you and what suits your lifestyle.
- Regular in person team socials every quarter where we always to the top local attractions.
- The chance to visit our diverse team based in Dubai, United Kingdom, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia.
- 28 days annually plus banks holidays, so you have plenty of time to enjoy life outside work.
- A chance to make an enormous impact and work in agile ways to achieve our goals.
- We are not just looking for people to fit into our culture we are looking for people to drive our culture.
- A choice of top of the range headphones as a welcome gift!
Diversity is one of our strengths
We're a remote first company where team work and collaboration has no barriers. We embrace diversity and encourage talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our roles even if you do not match every requirement in the list above. TG makes hiring decisions based on experience, aptitude, skill and sharing our company values. We will not discriminate with regards to any legally protected characteristics.